Mega Man Maverick Hunter X2 is a complete remake of Mega Man X2 that will be for PSP, PS Vita, and Nintendo 3DS. It is a sequel to Mega Man Maverick Hunter X. This is the last game that includes X and Zero.
- The game has more graphics than the first one.
- Zero is also a playable character after you defeat him as Iris in Story Mode or fight Vile in Vs. Mode 20 times as X.
- Iris, from Megaman X4, is a playable after meeting her in X's Story. Her story takes place before Megaman Xtreme 2. She has Zero's Z-Saber as a weapon to attack enemies. Her gameplay is great for beginners who are new to the series.
- It is the first game to be relesed for the Nintendo 3DS and PS Vita.
- Colonel, also from Megaman X4, appears as an non-playable character in the game, but is a reporter in the game.
- There is no decisions in this game. For example: X wasn't able to find all of Vile's pieces, so he has no choice but to fight him.
- All the songs have rock remixes, like the first one.
- The game has anime cutscenes, like X3, X4, X7, and X8.
- Vile is not a playable character in the game, but appears as a boss.
- After the player beats the game, an extra mode is unlucked that takes place in an alternate timeline where X is destroyed in the first game instead of Zero, and Zero is trying to collect X's parts.
- X (Playable from the start)
- Iris (Playable after meeting her in X's Story)
- Zero (Playable after defeating him as Iris or fight Vile 20 times in Vs. Mode 20 times as X)
- Vile (Boss in Sigma Palace 2)
- Sigma (Boss at Sigma Palace 4)
- Wheel Gator
- Bubble Crab
- Wire Sponge
- Flame Stag
- Morph Moth
- Magna Centipede
- Crystal Snail
- Overdrive Ostrich
- Vile (If X)
- Zero (If Iris)
- Neo Violen
- Gigantic Mechaniloid CF-0
- Serges Tank (If Iris)
- Agile Flyer (If X)
- Longing performed by Gackt (Game's opening and main theme)
- Intro Stage: X (Fear from Tekken 4)
- Theme of X (Quadra from Tekken 4)
- Intro Stage: Iris (Touch and Go from Tekken 4)
- Theme of Iris (Electric Fountain from Tekken 6)
- Serges' Level (Those Who Go To Heaven from Tekken 5)
- Violen's Level (Final Frontier from Tekken 5)
- Agile's Level (Corneria from SSBB)
- vs. Vile (Rythm Emotion performed by Two-Mix)
- vs. Zero (Just Communication performed by Two-Mix)
- vs. Sigma (Redemption performed by Gackt)
- White Reflection performed by Two-Mix (Game's ending theme)
- Overdrive Ostrich's Level (Desert Base)
- Wire Sponge's Level (Weather Control Center)
- Wheel Gator's Level (Dinosaur Tank)
- Morph Moth's Level (Robot Junkyard)
- Crystal Snail's Level (Energen Crystal)
- Magna Centipede's Level (Central Computer)
- Flame Stag's Level (Volcanic Zone)
- Bubble Crab's Level (Deep-Sea Base)