Mega Man X: Corrupted is an unofficial, fan-made game by John K. Bacchus (also known as JKB) using AS3 for the entire construction of the game. The game is modeled after the MMX series' features and gameplay, in the style of X1-X3, with a non-linear open world environment, and skill trees to enhance characters and weapons.
- Graphics made to mimic the style the Super Nintendo Mega Man X games, using all new tilesets and enemies.
- The game's soundtrack is composed by Dominic Ninmark and is made to give the same feel as the SNES games but with a remixed touch.
- X and Zero are both playable characters, with X relying entirely on his X-Buster and Zero on his Z-Saber. You can switch between X and Zero once you begin the main game.
- The game takes place on a huge world map rather than in stages.
- Certain areas will unavailable to the player with their starting equipment, much like a Metroidvania .
- It features an elaborate skill system for upgrading character abilities and weapons.
- Zero will have a special combo system, allowing him to easily string together attacks.
- Much like a standard Mega Man X game, this one features upgrade capsules, hidden heart tanks, ride armors, and mini-bosses.
- This game builds on the ability in Mega Man X8 to mix armor parts with this game's Phoenix and Hydra armors for X, whose pieces can be equipped and used immediately as they are found. It also features the Ultimate Armor, a separate armor used in X's intro stage.
- Zero will have the ability to choose between his traditional "Black Armor", or the special "Viral Armor". He can not swap armors, picking one will make the other uncollectible.
- Inspired by the original Mega Man X title, terrain on the world map will be altered when certain bosses are defeated.
- Multiple levels of difficulty for challenge-seekers.
- Instead of, "sitting in their boss room waiting to be killed", bosses will have their own missions that they will complete if the player hasn't stopped them, making the game harder.
- Fullscreen mode. 
- Twelve different endings .
- Plasma Puffer
- Sparkling Scorpio
- Neurohack Mosquito
- Crystal Rafflar
- Warfare Milodon
- Hurricane Hoatzin
- Force Starfish
- Warp Vulpex
- Official site
- Official Facebook page
- Dedicated Fansite (not operated by the MMXC team)
- Gameplay videos on Youtube
- Soundtrack previews on Youtube
- Forum thread on Megaman X9
- Forum thread on Rockman Perfect Memories